Re-Elect Julie Ward Bujalski for Mayor of Dunedin
Julie Ward Bujalski was elected to the Dunedin City Commission in April 2006. She served as the peer-appointed Vice Mayor twice and was elected Mayor in November 2014.
Julie comes from generations of family who have lived in Dunedin since the 1950’s, where they owned a downtown business, served in civic organizations, worked in law enforcement, and volunteered for the betterment of their community.
Growing up in Dunedin, Julie attended Ms. Honald’s Dunedin Day School, Dunedin Elementary, Dunedin Highland Middle, and Dunedin High School. She went on to study business at ITT Technical Institute and Fashion Merchandising at St. Petersburg College. She is a graduate of the Leadership Pinellas class of 2009, the Florida League of Cities Institute of Elected Municipal Officials (basic and advanced), and has taken multiple classes through the National League of Cities Leadership Training program.
Julie spent 20 years in the Fashion Merchandising industry where she worked as a buyer, product developer, merchandise manager, and retired from her career as an economic forecaster/planner. During this time, she mastered her skills in understanding Florida’s seasonal economy, tourism cycles, marketing, visitor/resident buying habits, as well as forecasting and budget analysis.
- Forward Pinellas
- Tourist Development Council
- Toronto Blue Jays
- Pinellas County Council of Mayors
- Past Council Chair
- Rep to Pinellas County EMS Advisory Board
- Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA)
- Board Vice Chair
- PSTA’s Rep to Metropolitan Planning Organization, Pinellas Planning Council, & Pinellas Trail Safety Task Force
- Past Planning Committee Chair
- Past Member of the Advisory Committee on Pinellas Transit
- Pinellas County School Board
- Past Chair of Principal’s Advisory Committee
- Past Member of School Collaborative & Transportation Safety Committee
- Florida League of Cities Legislative Committee
- National League of Cities Inclusion Partnership & Small Cities Council
- Scottish Heritage & Highland Games Committee
- Dunedin Golf Club
Julie has been married to her husband Tom for 31 years. Their son Thomas has his AA in Sports Management from Sante Fe College & hopes to transfer to UF in the Spring to complete his BA.
Julie Has Happily Volunteered:
- School Advisory Council (SAC)
- Past Vice President Legislation, Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- Great American Teach-In
- Dunedin Stirling Soccer Club
- Dunedin Junior Falcons
- Greater Dunedin Little League
- Dunedin High School Football Team
- Vice President, Dunedin High School Wrestling Team Boosters
- Past Board Member, Dunedin Boat Club
- Committee Boat Chair
- Island Clean-Up Coordinator
- Social Chair
When they find a minute to spare, they spend their time boating on St. Joseph Sound and camping in Florida’s State Parks.