Dunedin has long been a community that protects and preserves its environment. Our residents expect us to be forward thinking and many came here because of the acres of parks we’ve preserved, the accessibility to the beach and water, and our long-term vision and policies to protect the environment in which we live.
We have systematically made decisions that would protect Dunedin for generations to come.
Here are just a few of the things that I’ve championed along the way :
- Fought for 8 new neighborhoods to be added to our Reclaimed Water System
- Urged our city to become paperless
- Advocated for over $20M in storm water improvements, including pipe lining to reduce the types of spillage that brings on red tide & water quality issues
- Voted in favor of preserving both Weaver & Youth Guild Parks
- Championed our single stream recycling program
- Partnered with our residents & small businesses owners to become a golf cart community
- Spearheaded a partnership with North County communities to bring the Jolley Trolley to Dunedin
- Strongly supported our Marina becoming certified as Green, along with the addition of the pump out to protect our water quality
- Urged our city to create a septic tank abatement program
- Brought forward solutions which allowed us to purchase the added acreage of Hammock Park, including grant funding for 50% of the cost
- Worked alongside the Clearwater Ferry to bring ferry service to Dunedin
- Championed the Ready for 100 commitments
- Supported a solar co-op & solar grants
- Consistently opposed offshore drilling
- Strongly supported a group of residents who garnered approval for The Florida Gulf Coast Hope Spot on the West coastline of Florida
But we aren’t done. As the former chair of the Pinellas County Mayor’s Council, we’ve been working with the county to create county-wide policies on the discontinued use of herbicides.
Additionally, the city is currently working on our DREAM Initiative, which is our resiliency master plan. From this plan, we will need a comprehensive capital improvement plan to get us where we want to be. This will require thoughtful and balanced decision making and a willingness to step forward and prioritize our needs.
**You can trust I will fight to protect where we live.**
These are just a few of the many issues we will face in our future. I want to hear from you as well. Tell me what you think is important. Email me @ email@example.com or call me @ 727-639-3458 and let’s discuss Dunedin’s future. Your voice is the most important one in the room!